O Lord, our governor, we beseech Thee, of Thy mercy,
That we may have the heavenly vision,
And behold things as they seem unto Thee,
That the turmoil of this world may be seen by us
To be bringing forth the sweet peace of the eternal years,
And that in all the troubles and sorrows or our own hearts
We may behold good, and so with quiet mind
And inward peace, careless of outward storm,
We may do the duty of life which brings to us
A quiet heart, ever trusting in Thee.
We give Thee thanks for all Thy mercy.
We beseech Thy forgiveness of all our sins.
We pray Thy guidance in all things,
Thy presence in the hour of death,
Thy glory in the life to come.
Of Thy mercy hear us,
Through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.
That we may have the heavenly vision,
And behold things as they seem unto Thee,
That the turmoil of this world may be seen by us
To be bringing forth the sweet peace of the eternal years,
And that in all the troubles and sorrows or our own hearts
We may behold good, and so with quiet mind
And inward peace, careless of outward storm,
We may do the duty of life which brings to us
A quiet heart, ever trusting in Thee.
We give Thee thanks for all Thy mercy.
We beseech Thy forgiveness of all our sins.
We pray Thy guidance in all things,
Thy presence in the hour of death,
Thy glory in the life to come.
Of Thy mercy hear us,
Through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.
This is one of my favorite poems out of the book, "A Quiet Heart" by E. Elliot. I don't know a better way to express my prayers for the new year, so I thought I would share it with you all.
Blessings and love to all three of my devoted readers!
Blessings and love to all three of my devoted readers!

I have been thinking of you a lot recently, especially because of Wilma's death. I don't get to browse blogs very much at all but this evening I was here, so I wanted to say hi until I find a longer moment to continue the letter...! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm missing my 'sister'! Was so much fun to be with you again... I needed your post. love you
ReplyDeleteCount me in as one of the three, please!!! You really are one of my favorite people. =)
ReplyDelete