It is always hard for me to picture our babies before they are born, and this time around, I am so busy I don't even have much time to think about the new baby coming along. But wow! When you see a 4D image and recognize family features, it gets pretty exciting! Chiclet is really chubby cheeked already, although only about 5 pounds yet, and definitely not ready to come out and meet us.
The tech who did the scans said she is only supposed to give people 2 photos per ultrasound, but if she likes them, she gives them more. We walked out with about 20! Most of them have the baby's hand in front of the face, but there are a few really good ones.
It is a miracle, Psalm 139 all over again. A heart with four chambers. Two kidneys. Ribs. Hair. Little hands waving five fingers. A person with a destiny...
And here's what we liked really much. We only have to pick one name! We have to be among the worst undecided parents ever when it comes to choosing names. Our first baby was 12 hours old before we settled on his name, and this is three children later. We have pretty much exhausted our store of favorites! It doesn't help that Kenny and Carma used two of them. But at least this time we are not struggling through both the blue and pink sections of the naming books.
So what's your guess? Sammy or Sally?
The tech who did the scans said she is only supposed to give people 2 photos per ultrasound, but if she likes them, she gives them more. We walked out with about 20! Most of them have the baby's hand in front of the face, but there are a few really good ones.
It is a miracle, Psalm 139 all over again. A heart with four chambers. Two kidneys. Ribs. Hair. Little hands waving five fingers. A person with a destiny...
And here's what we liked really much. We only have to pick one name! We have to be among the worst undecided parents ever when it comes to choosing names. Our first baby was 12 hours old before we settled on his name, and this is three children later. We have pretty much exhausted our store of favorites! It doesn't help that Kenny and Carma used two of them. But at least this time we are not struggling through both the blue and pink sections of the naming books.
So what's your guess? Sammy or Sally?

You got to see 4D!! Wow! I've had to have ultrasounds done but it's only been the blurry gray "I think I see a foot and I can just make out a the head here" type of thing. Maybe next time we'll get to do the 4D. Fun! So are you hoping everything comes out alright, too? lol
ReplyDeleteYour enthusiasm is contagious! I almost wish........... Oh never mind. I'm not into guessing Sammy vs. Sally, but I do wish you a happy, healthy "Pudgins"!
ReplyDeletebeat ya!!! ha ha
ReplyDeleteIt takes us months before we get the name picked out for sure! Especially the spelling, and the middle name and those details.
ReplyDelete