Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Falling Out of Bed and Other Stuff

A loud thump in the middle of the night, followed by wails.
A quick dash as a father rushes to comfort his bewildered offspring.
I think about this happening to grown ups too.

Blissful dreamy sleep.
Roll over and thud! the bed has dropped you onto the cold, hard floor of reality.
Shattered dreams.
Disillusioned wails.
Calling for a Father's comfort.
Finding that just like your earthly Father, he pities you and knows what you need.
Finding that the warmth of His loving arms is worth the plunge into reality.

That is my little poetic effort for the day. It has happened to me many times, so unless I am really weird, maybe you can relate...?



Here is my question for the day.
How do you explain to a four year old that it was okay for John the Baptist to call people "a brood of snakes", but it is not appropriate for little boys...?



And finally, some humorous insight from Alex.
"I guess I shouldn't slurp this orange. The baby might hear me and think we are rude. Then maybe it won't want to be born."

No comments:

Post a Comment